Jolly Elves from Parents.com
What You’ll Need
- One whole chenille stem and half a stem
- Small and large beads
- Wooden face bead
- Small jingle bell
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Hat: Cut a 1-1/2-inch-diameter semicircle from felt. Wrap the semicircle around from point to point to form a cone, leaving a small opening at the tip; hot-glue to secure.
- Scarf: Cut a 1/2-x-4-inch piece of felt; fringe ends with scissors. Cut a small lengthwise slit about 1 3/4 inches from one end for opposite end of scarf to pass through.
- Body: Bend one chenille stem in half and, in the following order, thread materials over the bent point to about halfway down the stem: large bead for body, face bead, felt hat, small jingle bell. Leave about 3/4 inch above the jingle bell and shape the stem into a loop. Then, starting on opposite ends: Thread 4 small beads onto each leg and bend the ends to form feet. Use the half chenille stem to make arms by centering and twisting around the elf’s neck area. Thread 4 small beads onto each arm and bend the ends to form hands. Wrap the scarf around the elf’s neck, then thread ribbon through the top loop and hang.