(photo credit: How about Orange)
How about Orange has some fabulous tutorials on home decor (of which i have added to our new list of links, in the sidebar) She has crafted Fabric Vase Covers, which im going to use to jazz up some of my tall glass bottles (salsa jars are great because they have wide mouths). She has also put together a tutorial to paste fabric to walls, like vinyl decals. I have to say i didnt even know this was possible. its uses materials we all have, cornstarch and water.. its eco-friendly and totally removable. My little girls door has some paint peeling off due to a mass removal of stickers… other than strip the ugly paint from this beautiful door i’m going to cover the ugly with … flowers or a princess scene!
more home decorating options:
Use a rolling pin as a stamp!!
Twig Lamp Base – found at BHG
Following along the lines of “around the house” and our constant “green” theme… i also found a recipe to make your own furniture polish which seems rather simple after a trip to the hardware shore.
Here’s What You Need
- 4 oz. oil (2 1/2 ounces olive oil or jojoba, 1 1/2 ounces coconut oil)
- 1 oz. beeswax
- 1 oz. carnauba wax
- 4 oz. distilled water
- double boiler
- hand mixer
To find out the steps for this DIY, just read more
- Melt the oils and waxes in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, pour in water, and mix with a hand mixer until thick and creamy.
- Dab some cream onto a soft cotton rag and rub into the furniture.
- Buff and polish until the oils are well worked into the wood.
This polish has a shelf life of six months to a year.